Each year our athletes, coaches and volunteers commit to seeking donors in exchange for 90 minutes of continuous skating!! Skate-a-Thon is the primary fundraiser for SNAP Sports, so we would ask that you give generously to support the unique programming we offer. We are a 100% volunteer organization, reliant on the generosity of others. Proceeds from this event provide ice/field time, travel expenses, uniforms, protective gear and social activities for more than 100 athletes! Since its inception in 2013, Skate-a-Thon has raised in excess of $200,000.00, providing sporting experiences which would otherwise be out of reach for our participants.
Here are just a few of the activities that Skate-a-Thon has help to fund:
- 2015 Special Hockey International Festival – Ottawa, Canada
- 2016 Adaptive Ski/Special Hockey Weekend – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 2019 Special Hockey International Festival – Toronto, Canada
- Annual SoCal Special Hockey Festival – Valencia, CA
- Special Hockey Showcases – Staples Center – Los Angeles, CA
- Annual Flag Football Festival – La Jolla, CA
- Multiple 5K Running Events annually – CA
- Annual Holiday Celebration
- Annual SNAPpys Award Gala
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR INCREDIBLE 2019 RAFFLE PARTNERS!!